What Is the Best Way to Landscape My Garden
– What is a man-made landscape?
– How do you design a perfect landscape?
Landscaping aims to build a harmonious garden while integrating the different spaces that meet your desires and tastes.
In the real sense, Landscaped garden is a garden designed and laid out to evoke a natural landscape; a typical example is the 18th-century English landscape garden. It is an irregular and picturesque garden with winding paths, which contrasts with the straight lines and geometry of 17th-century formal gardens.
In this sense, a Japanese garden, exotic or Mediterranean garden can also be considered landscape gardens since they evoke landscapes typical of specific regions.
In the broadest sense
A garden’s landscaping aims to build a harmonious garden while integrating the different spaces that meet your desires and tastes.
Recently, the term “landscaped garden” has taken on a broader meaning, designating the garden designed and created by a landscape professional, whether or not it evokes a natural landscape.
The landscaped garden then becomes a garden that has been thought out and thought through from the design stage. For example, it contrasts with the more spontaneous parish priest’s garden, cultivated little by little, without a preconceived plan.
How do you design a perfect landscape?
The creation of a landscaped garden goes through several stages: first of all, a global reflection upstream, an unavoidable stage which signs a landscaped garden, then the plan, the structural work, the installation of the framework of the park, and finally, its finishing touches.
Landscaping: a reflection upstream
In practice, what marks a “landscaped” garden is precisely this upstream reflection, which will guide the subsequent realization to reach global harmony.
Before designing a landscaped garden, it is necessary:
– To question one’s tastes in terms of the garden and clearly define one’s desires and needs: terraces, lawns, meadows, flowerbeds, vegetable garden, orchard, children’s play area, car park, swimming pool project, etc.
– To set a budget, divided into several parts: the budget at the beginning of the project, the budget for the second, third year, etc.
– To honestly define the time you are prepared to devote to the maintenance of the future garden (so many hours per week or month). It is essential to know that some garden elements require more care than others: lawns, flowerbeds, and rock gardens require more maintenance than meadows and shrubs.
Landscaping: The Garden Plan
This plan is essential even if you are designing your garden without the help of a landscaper.
Landscaping: the structural work
The structural work consists of
– Plowing the land.
– Shaping the terrain if you wish to create or accentuate slopes.
– Plan everything that will have to be buried: tanks, electric cables, automatic watering, etc.
– Create terraces.
– Create paths.
Landscaping: the framework of the garden
To create the garden’s framework, the first plantations that will structure are the main trees, lawn, meadow, and hedges.
Landscaping: the finalization of the garden
The last step is to plant shrubs, create flowerbeds, rock gardens, etc., which will fit in with the whole park better if they have been planned from the start.
If you wish to enhance your living area outside, get in touch with a professional landscaper today, and remember to share your experience in the comment section below.